Looking for a handy reference to help you save some time when going through the motions of product design? Seeing as how our tagline is Wireless Made Simple, we decided to create a trusty one-stop reference designed to make life easier for you. Meet the Linx Do-All-Calculator. This multi-purpose design resource offers a number of calculators and general reference guides that have proven useful to Linx engineers over the years. Here is a summary of what is available.
- Free space loss and RF system range estimator
This includes a basic range calculator and some more complex path loss calculators. The calculations are described in our Considerations for Wireless Range blog post.
- Antenna length calculator
Antenna length based on the frequency of operation.
- Unit conversion calculators
Unit conversion for values common to RF design.
- Microstrip trace width calculator
A simple calculator for determining the dimensions of a microstrip line on a PCB.
- Parallel resistance calculator
Harking back to electrical engineering 101, this calculates the equivalent resistance of 2 or 3 resistors.
- Linear Interpolation calculator
This one is surprisingly handy.
- Match conversion reference table
A simple reference table equating VSWR, Insertion Loss, Transmitted Power and Reflected Power.
- Voltage divider calculator
Going back to Electrical Engineering 101, this calculates the output voltage of a resistor voltage divider. It also incorporates the resistor tolerances to produce a voltage variation.
- Standard resistor, capacitor and inductor value reference tables
All of the standard values at the standard tolerances.
- Resistor color code reference table.
Every EE knows someone who has this posted on a wall somewhere.
So download and enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.