The 25 Series RF transceiver module is designed for reliable bi-directional transfer of digital data over distances of up to 1 mile (1.6km) line of sight. Operating in the 902 to 928MHz frequency band, the module is capable of generating +13dBm into a 50-ohm load and achieves an outstanding typical sensitivity of -105dBm.
The module implements a Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) protocol along with networking and assured delivery features. It has a Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) serial interface that can be connected directly to microcontrollers, RS-232 converters or USB adaptors. The module automatically handles all radio functions resulting in a UART-to-antenna wireless link. All configuration settings and data are accessed through the UART interface.
The 25 Series has a compatibility mode that enables it to operate with the more powerful, longer-range 250 Series modules. This enables mixed systems where a determination between cost and range can be made.
- Easy integration: a complete radio, protocol and UART interface results in a complete UART-to-antenna solution
- High reliability: high power and a FHSS protocol combined with networking and assured delivery combine to create a robust system
- Low overhead: all configuration settings are done through the UART interface and the built in protocol handles all over-the-air functions, so very little software development is required
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Pre-certified: Evaluation modules are already certified