The Compact Handheld transmitter is ideal for general-purpose remote control and command applications requiring a small form factor transmitter. The small handheld transmitter has a line of sight range of up to 230 m (750 ft). As a part of our DS Series OEM family, it is available in 315 MHz, 418 MHz (standard), or 433.92 MHz. It has been pre-certified for FCC Part 15, Industry Canada, and European CE (433 MHz only) compliance, reducing costs and time to market.
Addressing is based on 10 address lines that are set with a DIP switch, which offers 1 022 unique addresses. The address lines should be set the same on the receiver to enable communication. If the addresses are not the same, then the decoder ignores the transmission.
The DS Series encoder inside the Compact Handheld transmitter supports two protocols. The first protocol is based on the Holtek HT640 encoder and is completely backwards compatible with older generation transmitters and systems based on the HT658 decoder. The second is a serial protocol that offers more noise immunity and faster response time while keeping the simple DIP switch addressing.
The transmission can be decoded using a matching Linx Function Module, KH2 or KH3 series receiver / decoder, or an LR Series receiver or LT Series transceiver paired with a DS Series decoder or custom microcontroller. The transmitter can be configured with 1 to 8 buttons and the keypad and labeling can be customized with an NRE and minimum order. It uses a single 3V CR2032 lithium button cell.
- Keep costs down: remote meets basic needs at an affordable price
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid red tape: no certification needed in the US, Canada or EU as long as the rest of the application is legal
- Customize appearance: custom colors, labels, button configurations and cases are available
- Carry conveniently: separately sold belt clip, retractor reel and leash help you carry the remote
- Avoid accidental conflicts: physical address helps prevent identification mistakes
|CMD-HHCP-315-MD||315 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|EVAL-315-HHCP||315 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
|CMD-HHCP-418-MD||418 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|EVAL-418-HHCP||418 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
|CMD-HHCP-433-MD||433 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|EVAL-433-HHCP||433 MHz Compact Handheld Transmitter Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Operating voltage||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical|
|Supply current||3.4mA typical||3.4mA typical||3.4mA typical|
|Power down current||5nA typical||5nA typical||5nA typical|
|Operating temperature||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C|
|Buttons||1 – 8||1 – 8||1 – 8|
Manuals & Datasheets
- CMD-HHCP-fff Data Guide
- EVAL-fff-HH-KF-DS User's Guide - NEW
- EVAL-fff-OEM Quick Start Reference
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- LICAL-EDC-DS001 Data Guide
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link (AN-00160)
- Addressing Linx OEM Products (AN-00300)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)