The DP1203 Series is a radio-only RF transceiver module. It is designed for the wireless transmission of digital data at data rates of up to 152.3kbps. Operating in the 433, 868 and 915MHz license-free ISM (Industrial Scientific and Medical) frequency bands it is ideal for applications that require full control of the radio channels and configuration without having to go through the effort and expense of a discrete RF design.
The module is capable of generating up to +15dBm into a 50-ohm load and has a receive receiver sensitivity of -111dBm. This gives the module a typical line of sight range of 2 to 3 miles (3.2 to 4.8km) at the maximum output power with typical monopole whip antennas, depending on frequency. Regulations in the country of operation dictate the maximum legal output power, so the final system range may be less depending on the country of operation.
The module is based on the XE1203F RF transceiver from Semtech and contains all components necessary for proper operation. An external microcontroller is required for configuration and as the data source, but no RF components are required other than an antenna. The radio only design with external microcontroller gives the designer flexibility in controlling the radio. This includes controlling power to maximize batttery life, optimize communication protocol, and adjusting the radio on the fly to improve the link quality through Received Signal Strength (RSSI) and Frequency Error Indicator (FEI) features.
- Highly customizable: all of the transceiver configuration registers are available to optimize the RF link for the application
- A simple 3-wire interface is used for configuration, limiting the number of connections and software overhead
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
|TRM-433-DP1203||433MHz DP1203 Series Transceiver||Datasheet|
|TRM-868-DP1203||868MHz DP1203 Series Transceiver||Datasheet|
|TRM-915-DP1203||915MHz DP1203 Series Transceiver||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Frequency||433 – 436MHz||868 – 870MHz||902 – 928MHz|
|TX power||-3 – +15dBm||-3 – +15dBm||-3 – +15dBm|
|RX sensitivity||A-mode: -111dBm typical||A-mode: -111dBm typical||A-mode: -111dBm typical|
|Operating voltage||2.4 – 3.6VDC||2.4 – 3.6VDC||2.4 – 3.6VDC|
|Supply current||TX @ 5dBm: 33mA typical TX @ 11dBm: 62mA typical RX: 14mA typical||TX @ 5dBm: 33mA typical TX @ 11dBm: 62mA typical RX: 14mA typical||TX @ 5dBm: 33mA typical TX @ 11dBm: 62mA typical RX: 14mA typical|
|Power down current||<1.0µA typical||<1.0µA typical||<1.0µA typical|
|Standby current||850µA typical||850µA typical||850µA typical|
|Sleep current||0.2µA typical||0.2µA typical||0.2µA typical|
|Operating temperature||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C|
|Package||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD|
Manuals & Datasheets
Application Notes 260-928MHz
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- Considerations for Operation within the 260 – 470MHz Band (AN-00125)
- Considerations for Operation within the 902 – 928MHz Band (AN-00126)
- Data and Bidirectional Transmissions under Part 15.231 (AN-00128)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Antennas: Design, Application and Performance (AN-00500)
- Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation (AN-00501)