The DS Keyfob transmitter is ideal for general-purpose remote control and command applications requiring a small form factor transmitter. The small transmitter has a line of sight range of up to 230 m (750 ft). It is available in 418 MHz (standard) and 433.92 MHz. It has been pre-certified for FCC Part 15, Industry Canada, and European CE (433 MHz only) compliance, reducing costs and time to market.
Addressing is based on 10 address lines that are set with cut traces, which offers 1 022 unique addresses. The address lines should be set the same on the receiver to enable communication. If the addresses are not the same, then the decoder ignores the transmission.
The keyfob uses a serial protocol that offers more range, noise immunity and a faster response time than older generation products while still keeping the simple cut-trace addressing.
The transmission can be decoded using an LR Series receiver or LT Series transceiver paired with a DS Series decoder. The transmitter can be configured with 1 to 5 buttons and the keypad and labeling can be customized with an NRE and minimum order. It uses a single 3 V CR2032 lithium button cell.
- Keep costs down: remote meets basic needs at an affordable price
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid red tape: no certification needed in the US, Canada or EU as long as the rest of the application is legal
- Customize appearance: custom colors, labels, button configurations and cases are available
|OTX-418-HH-KF#-DS||418 MHz DS Keyfob Transmitter||Datasheet|
|EVAL-418-HH-KF-DS||418 MHz DS Keyfob Transmitter Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
|OTX-433-HH-KF#-DS||433 MHz DS Keyfob Transmitter||Datasheet|
|EVAL-433-HH-KF-DS||433 MHz DS Keyfob Transmitter Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Frequency||418 MHz||433 MHz|
|Operating voltage||2.3 VDC to 3.6 VDC 3.0 VDC typical||2.3 VDC to 3.6 VDC 3.0 VDC typical|
|Supply current||12.63 mA typical||12.63 mA typical|
|Power down current||1.5 µA typical||1.5 µA typical|
|Operating temperature||0 °C to 70 °C||1.5 µA typical|
|Buttons||1 to 5||1 to 5|
- General remote control
- Remote keyless entry (RKE)
- Lighting Control
- Home / industrial automation
- Call systems
Manuals & Datasheets
- OTX-fff-HH-KF#-DS Data Guide
- EVAL-fff-HH-KF-DS User's Guide
- EVAL-fff-HH-KF-DS Quick Start Reference
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- LICAL-EDC-DS001 Data Guide
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link (AN-00160)
- Addressing Linx OEM Products (AN-00300)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)