The F4 Series is a self-contained high-performance GPS receiver module. Based on the SiRFstar IV chipset, it provides exceptional sensitivity, even in dense foliage and urban canyons. The F4 Series GPS module can acquire and track up to 48 satellites simultaneously in just seconds, even at the lowest signal levels.
Operating at a low 1.8V, the module offers several configuration options and five GPIO lines that allow the application software to monitor and control events without the need of a microcontroller. The module’s very low power consumption helps maximize runtimes in battery powered applications.
Housed in a compact reflow-compatible SMD package, the receiver requires no programming or additional RF components (except an antenna) to form a complete GPS receiver solution. These features along with the module’s standard NMEA data output make the F4 Series easy to integrate, even by engineers without previous RF or GPS module experience.
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Easy integration: The F4 Series is easy to integrate, even by engineers who have no prior experience with gps modules
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Better reliability: tracking up to 48 satellites simultaneously
- Quick start times: under 15 seconds using CGEE (3-day satellite prediction)
- Anti-jamming: built-in jammer remover tracks up to 8 CW jammers
- External triggering without MCU: 5 built-in GPIOs, controlled through the UART interface
- Rapid development: development system allows full interfacing and color display