The KH3 Series modules are ideal for wireless remote control and command applications. The transmitter combines the highly-optimized SAW-based LC Series RF transmitter with the DS Series encoder module. The receiver combines the advanced synthesized LR Series receiver with the DS Series decoder. Both modules are configured to use the Holtek protocol and be backwards compatible with previous generations of the KH Series.
The transmitter module accepts up to eight parallel inputs, allowing direct connection of switches, contacts, or microprocessor control lines. The receiver module provides eight logic-level outputs for connection of devices under control, such as relays, motors, indicators, or microprocessor lines. Together, the modules form a reliable wireless connection capable of operation over distances of up to 3,000 feet. Ten address lines are provided to allow for the creation of unique transmitter / receiver relationships.
The wireless transmitter is capable of generating +9dBm into a 50-ohm load at 5V and +4dBm at 3.3V. The receiver's advanced synthesized architecture achieves an outstanding typical sensitivity of -112dBm.
The modules operate in the 3 to 5 VDC range and feature very low power consumption, a wide operational temperature range, adjustable transmitter power, and RSSI output. As with all Linx RF modules, no external RF components are required (except an antenna), which allows rapid integration, even by engineers without previous RF design experience.
The modules are also individually compatible with a complete family of FCC pre-certified OEM products, which include keyfob and handheld transmitters, relay and AC control modules. These RoHS-compliant modules are housed in a tiny SMD package that are well-suited to both prototyping and high-volume production.
- Reduce component count: combined transmitter/ encoder module and receiver/decoder form a complete module solution with only two parts
- Mix and match products: use the receiver with compatible Linx keyfobs and handheld transmitters
- Integrate with ease: simple hardware configuration lets you transfer raw data without protocol constraints or the need for user programming
- Save power: low current consumption compared to competing modules extends battery life
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Avoid accidental conflicts: 1022 addresses help prevent identification mistakes
|TXM-315-KH3||315MHz KH3 Series Transmitter/Encoder Module||TXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|TXM-418-KH3||418MHz KH3 Series Transmitter/Encoder Module||TXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|TXM-433-KH3||433MHz KH3 Series Transmitter/Encoder Module||TXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|RXM-315-KH3||315MHz KH3 Series Receiver/Decoder||RXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|RXM-418-KH3||418MHz KH3 Series Receiver/Decoder||RXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|RXM-433-KH3||433MHz KH3 Series Receiver/Decoder||RXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide|
|EVAL-315-KH3||315MHz KH3 Series Basic Evaluation Kit||EVAL-fff-KH3 User's Guide|
|EVAL-418-KH3||418MHz KH3 Series Basic Evaluation Kit||EVAL-fff-KH3 User's Guide|
|EVAL-433-KH3||433MHz KH3 Series Basic Evaluation Kit||EVAL-fff-KH3 User's Guide|
To order, please call (800) 736 6677 (+1 541 471 6256 outside the United States).
|TX power||3.3V: 4dBm typical 5.0V: 9dBm typical||3.3V: 4dBm typical 5.0V: 9dBm typical||3.3V: 4dBm typical 5.0V: 9dBm typical|
|RX sensitivity||-112dBm typical||-112dBm typical||-112dBm typical|
|Interface||Transparent serial||Transparent serial||Transparent serial||Transparent serial||Transparent serial||Transparent serial|
|Data rate||100 – 10,000bps||100 – 10,000bps||100 – 10,000bps||100 – 10,000bps||100 – 10,000bps||100 – 10,000bps|
|Operating voltage||2.7 – 5.2VDC||2.7 – 5.2VDC||2.7 – 5.2VDC||2.7 – 5.2VDC||2.7 – 5.2VDC||2.7 – 5.2VDC|
|Supply current||0dBm: 1.5mA typical||5.9mA typical||0dBm: 1.5mA typical||5.9mA typical||0dBm: 1.5mA typical||5.9mA typical|
|Power down current||1.0µA typical||47µA typical||1.0µA typical||47µA typical||1.0µA typical||47µA typical|
|Operating temperature||-30 – +70°C||-30 – +70°C||-30 – +70°C||-30 – +70°C||-30 – +70°C||-30 – +70°C|
|Package||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD|
Manuals & Data Sheets
- TXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide
- RXM-fff-KH3 Data Guide
- EVAL-fff-KH3 User's Guide
- EVAL-fff-KH3 Quick Start Reference
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- AN-00100: RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged
- AN-00125: Considerations for Operation within the 260 – 470MHz Band
- AN-00128: Data and Bidirectional Transmissions under Part 15.231
- AN-00130: Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links
- AN-00140: The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval
- AN-00160: Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link
- AN-00320: The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry
- AN-00500: Antennas: Design, Application and Performance
- AN-00501: Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation