Not recommended for new designs. Please contact Linx about the LR Series, which replaces the LC Series.
The LC Series RF transmitter is ideally suited to a wide variety of remote control, command, and monitoring applications. It utilizes a highly-optimized SAW architecture to achieve good performance at a low cost. When the transmitter is paired with a matching LR Series receiver or an LT Series Transceiver, a reliable wireless link is formed capable of transferring serial data at rates of up to 5 000 bps over distances of up to 2 500 m (1.5 mi) depending on implementation.
The LC Series consists of separate single channel On-Off Key (OOK) RF transmitter. There is no processor or protocol embedded inside the module, so no configuration or programming is required. The modules contains just the physical radio transmitter, so all protocol functions are handled outside the module. This allows the designer to create a system that is specifically tuned for the application, with no extra overhead, power consumption or cost above what is absolutely necessary.
The wireless transmitter is capable of generating +4 dBm into a 50-ohm load. The module operates over a wide 2.7 VDC to 5.2 VDC range and feature very low power consumption, a wide operational temperature range and adjustable transmitter output power. As with all Linx RF modules, no external RF components are required (except an antenna), which allows rapid integration, even by engineers without previous RF design experience.
The LC Series transmitter is compatible with the LR Series receiver and LT Series transceiver, so mixed systems are possible.
These RoHS-compliant modules are housed in a tiny SMD package that are well-suited to both prototyping and high-volume production.
- Keep costs down: transmitter accommodates data rates up to 5 000 bps at an affordable price
- Attain longer range: send or receive digital data from up to 914 m (3 000 ft) away when used with an LR Series or LT Series module
- Integrate with ease: simple hardware configuration lets you transfer raw data without protocol constraints or the need for user programming
- Save power: low current consumption compared to competing modules extends battery life
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
|TXM-315-LC||315 MHz LC Series Transmitter Module||Datasheet|
|EVAL-315-LC||315 MHz LC Series Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
|TXM-418-LC||418 MHz LC Series Transmitter Module||Datasheet|
|EVAL-418-LC||418 MHz LC Series Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
|TXM-433-LC||433 MHz LC Series Transmitter Module||Datasheet|
|EVAL-433-LC||433 MHz LC Series Basic Evaluation Kit||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Frequency||315 MHz||418 MHz||433 MHz|
|TX power||0 dBm typical||0 dBm typical||0 dBm typical|
|Interface||Transparent serial||Transparent serial||Transparent serial|
|Data rate||100 bps to 5 000bps||100 bps to 5 000bps||100 bps to 5 000bps|
|Operating voltage||2.7 VDC to 5.2 VDC||2.7 VDC to 5.2 VDC||2.7 VDC to 5.2 VDC|
|Supply current||3.0 mA typical||3.0 mA typical||3.0 mA typical|
|Power down current||1.5 µA typical||1.5 µA typical||1.5 µA typical|
|Operating temperature||-30 °C to +70 °C||-30 °C to +70 °C||-30 °C to +70 °C|
|Package||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD||Reflow-compatible SMD|
- Arm or disarm a security system without memorizing a code
- Operate light fixtures with a remote control
- Control a sound system remotely
Manuals & Datasheets
Application Notes 260-470MHz
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- Considerations for Operation within the 260 MHz to 470 MHz Band (AN-00125)
- Data and Bidirectional Transmissions under Part 15.231 (AN-00128)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link (AN-00160)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)
- Antennas: Design, Application and Performance (AN-00500)
- Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation (AN-00501)
- Linx RF Module Identification Guide (AN-21181)