315 MHz model not recommended for new designs. This product has reached EOL.
Trigger discrete actions with button presses by using the MS keyfob transmitter with a compatible receiver and MS Series decoder. The MS Series provides a medium level of security. It lets you send commands from multiple transmitters to distinct receivers in the same vicinity through digital addressing. The remote contains an MS Series encoder and an LR Series transmitter. It can be used with a combination of an MT Series transcoder or MS Series decoder and an LT Series or LR Series RF module.
The encoder uses input from up to five buttons to encode a digital signal, then passes the signal to a transmitter for sending. A receiver picks up the signal and passes it to a decoder. If the signal is accepted, the decoder replicates the encoder’s inputs on its outputs. The outputs can be connected to up to five devices such as microprocessors, LEDs, motors or relays.
The decoder will only accept transmissions from compatible encoders with addresses that match its own. The MS Series has 16,777,216 (224) possible addresses, which makes accidental conflicts very unlikely. Addresses can be configured with button presses.
The MS Series also sends the encoder ID, making it easy to allow or deny access to specific outputs based on which encoder is doing the sending. However, because the MS Series does not use encryption or rolling code, it does not protect against intentional security threats.
For applications in the United States and Canada, the MS keyfob transmitter is certified at 315 MHz, 418 MHz and 433 MHz by the FCC and Industry Canada. For applications in the European Union, it is CE certified at 433 MHz. That means that as long as the rest of your application is legal, you do not need to certify the remote.
If you want to customize the appearance of the remote, Linx can accommodate you. Linx offers custom colors (black, gray, white and red), labels, button configurations and cases. Once you tell us what the remote should look like, we need only four to six weeks to send samples and six to eight weeks for production after you approve the samples. Contact Linx for more information about customization.
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid red tape: no certification needed in the US, Canada or EU as long as the rest of the application is legal
- Customize appearance: custom colors, labels, button configurations and cases are available
- Carry conveniently: case hole allows key ring attachment
- Avoid accidental conflicts: 24-bit address helps prevent identification mistakes
- Control access to specific outputs: accept or reject certain commands based on the encoder ID
|OTX-418-HH-KF#-MS||418 MHz MS Keyfob Transmitter||Datasheet|
|MDEV-418-HH-KF-MS||418 MHz MS Keyfob Transmitter Master Development System||Datasheet|
|OTX-433-HH-KF#-MS||433 MHz MS Keyfob Transmitter||Datasheet|
|MDEV-433-HH-KF-MS||433 MHz MS Keyfob Transmitter Master Development System||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Operating voltage||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical|
|Supply current||3.4mA typical||3.4mA typical|
|Power down current||5nA typical||5nA typical|
|Operating temperature||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C|
|Buttons||1 – 5||1 – 5|
Manuals & Datasheets
- OTX-fff-HH-KF#-MS Data Guide
- MDEV-fff-HH-KF-MS User's Guide - NEW
- MDEV-fff-HH-KF-MS Quick Start Reference
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- LICAL-ENC-MS001 Data Guide
- LICAL-DEC-MS001 Data Guide
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Reading The TX ID From the MS And HS Decoders (AN-00156)
- Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link (AN-00160)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)
- 2015-03-26: MS Keyfob Series EOL notice of 315 MHz keyfob
- 2015-03-26: MS Keyfob Series major change notice for 418, 433 MHz
Drivers & Software
- MS Series Master Development Software
The latest software included in the MS Series master development system. Demonstrates the use and functionality of the MS Series encoders and decoders. attachment
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64) attachment