The MS Long-Range Handheld transmitter is ideal for general-purpose remote control and command applications that require longer transmission distances. The small transmitter has a line of sight range of up to 300 m (1 000 ft) when combined with an LR Series receiver and MS Series decoder. As a part of our MS family of wireless remote controls, it is available in 315 MHz, 418 MHz (standard), and 433.92 MHz. It has been pre-certified for FCC Part 15, Industry Canada and European CE (433 MHz only) compliance, reducing costs and time to market.
The transmitter’s unique address is created with the press of a button on the back of the unit. While the button is held a 24-bit address is randomized. Once the button is released, whatever number the transmitter lands on is the address. There are 16,777,216 unique addresses which minimizes the likelihood of multiple devices having the same address. This results in far more addresses than could be realized by systems that use DIP switches or cut traces.
The MS Series encoder inside the transmitter also allows for the creation of button-level permissions, so that custom relationships can be created. The decoder outputs the encoder’s ID so that the receiving system can determine which transmitter activated the system for additional control or logging.
The serial protocol used by the MS Series encoder is far superior to older pulse method protocols, so that the MS offers longer range and better performance within that range than older systems. It also results in fast response times.
The transmission can be decoded using a matching LR Series receiver or LT Series transceiver paired with an MS Series decoder or MT Series transcoder. The transmitter can be configured with 1 to 8 buttons and the keypad and labeling can be customized with an NRE and minimum order. It uses a single 3V CR2032 lithium button cell.
- Attain long range: remote works over distances of up to 300 m (1 000 ft)
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid red tape: no certification needed in the US, Canada or EU as long as the rest of the application is legal
- Customize appearance: custom colors, labels, button configurations and cases are available
- Carry conveniently: separately sold belt clip, retractor reel and leash help you carry the remote
- Avoid accidental conflicts: 24-bit address helps prevent identification mistakes
- Control access to specific outputs: accept or reject certain commands based on the encoder ID
|OTX-315-HH-LR8-MS||315 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|MDEV-315-HH-LR8-MS||315 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter Master Development System||Datasheet|
|OTX-418-HH-LR8-MS||418 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|MDEV-418-HH-LR8-MS||418 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter Master Development System||Datasheet|
|OTX-433-HH-LR8-MS||433 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter||Datasheet|
|MDEV-433-HH-LR8-MS||433 MHz MS Long-Range Handheld Transmitter Master Development System||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Operating voltage||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical||2.1 – 3.6VDC 3.0VDC typical|
|Supply current||3.4mA typical||3.4mA typical||3.4mA typical|
|Power down current||5nA typical||5nA typical||5nA typical|
|Operating temperature||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C|
|Buttons||1 – 8||1 – 8||1 – 8|
Manuals & Datasheets
- OTX-fff-HH-LR8-MS Data Guide
- MDEV-fff-HH-LR8-MS User's Guide - New
- MDEV-fff-HH-LR8-MS Quick Start Guide
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- LICAL-ENC-MS001 Data Guide
- LICAL-DEC-MS001 Data Guide
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- Modulation Techniques for Low-Cost RF Data Links (AN-00130)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Reading The TX ID From the MS And HS Decoders (AN-00156)
- Considerations for Sending Data over a Wireless Link (AN-00160)
- Addressing Linx OEM Products (AN-00300)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)
Drivers & Software
- MS Series Master Development Software
The latest software included in the MS Series master development system. Demonstrates the use and functionality of the MS Series encoders and decoders.
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64)