Rapidly develop hardware and software based on the MS Series encoder and decoder along with Linx RF modules using the MS Series master development system. It comes with two development boards for benchmarking and prototyping, each of which is populated with an encoder or decoder and LR Series or transmitter or receiver. A large prototyping area gives you a place to develop circuitry or use a different RF module. To help you get started, the system also includes antennas, extra modules, connectors, and a USB interface for connecting to a PC.
When used together, MS Series encoders and decoders work with compatible Linx RF modules to let you trigger discrete actions with button presses or contact closures. The MS Series provides a medium level of security. It lets you send commands from multiple transmitters to distinct receivers in the same vicinity through digital addressing. It can be used with LT Series, LR Series, and LC Series RF modules.
The encoder uses input from up to eight buttons or contact closures to encode a digital signal, then passes the signal to a transmitter for sending. A receiver picks up the signal and passes it to a decoder. If the signal is accepted, the decoder replicates the encoder’s inputs on its outputs. The outputs can be connected to up to eight devices such as microprocessors, LEDs, motors or relays.
The decoder will only accept transmissions from compatible encoders with addresses that match its own. The MS Series has 16,777,216 (224) possible addresses, which makes accidental conflicts very unlikely. Addressing can be configured with button presses.
The MS Series also sends the encoder ID, making it easy to allow or deny access to specific outputs based on which encoder is doing the sending. However, because the MS Series does not use encryption or rolling code, it does not protect against intentional security threats.
- Develop quickly: prototyping area and PC interface allow rapid development of hardware and software
- Evaluate RF modules: use the included LR Series modules or integrate your own modules in the prototyping area
- Get help easily: call Linx for free technical support
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid accidental conflicts: 24-bit address helps prevent identification mistakes
- Control access to specific outputs: accept or reject certain commands based on the encoder ID
- 2 fully assembled development boards
- 2 MS Series encoders, including one on the encoder board
- 2 MS Series decoders, including one on the decoder board
- 1 LR Series transmitter on the encoder board
- 1 LR Series receiver on the decoder board
- 1 QS Series USB interface module on the decoder board
- 2 CW Series antennas
- 2 RP-SMA connectors, including one on each board
- 2 9V batteries
- Free technical support
|MDEV-LICAL-MS||MS Series Master Development System with LR Series RF Modules||Datasheet|
|MDEV-LICAL-MS-ES||MS Series Master Development System with ES Series RF Modules||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
Manuals & Datasheets
- LICAL-ENC-MS001 Data Guide
- LICAL-DEC-MS001 Data Guide
- MDEV-LICAL-MS User's Guide - NEW
- MDEV-LICAL-MS Software Guide
- MDEV-LICAL-MS Quick Start Reference
- TXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- Reading The TX ID From the MS And HS Decoders (AN-00156)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)
Drivers & Software
- MS Series Master Development Software
The latest software included in the MS Series master development system. Demonstrates the use and functionality of the MS Series encoders and decoders. attachment
- MS Series TX_ID Sample Code
This file contains sample source code for reading the TX_ID output by the MS Series decoder. This code is described in Application Note AN-00156. attachment
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64) attachment