Trigger discrete actions with button presses or contact closures by using MS Series encoders and decoders with compatible Linx RF modules. The MS Series provides a medium level of security. It lets you send commands from multiple transmitters to distinct receivers in the same vicinity through digital addressing. It can be used with NT Series, LT Series, LR Series, LC Series, KH2 Series, ES Series and HP3 Series RF modules. For most applications, the MT Series transcoder provides better flexibility at a more cost-effective price. Consider using the MT Series for new designs.
The encoder uses input from up to eight buttons or contact closures to encode a digital signal, then passes the signal to a transmitter for sending. A receiver picks up the signal and passes it to a decoder. If the signal is accepted, the decoder replicates the encoder’s inputs on its outputs. The outputs can be connected to up to eight devices such as microprocessors, LEDs, motors or relays.
The decoder will only accept transmissions from compatible encoders with addresses that match its own. The MS Series has 16,777,216 (224) possible addresses, which makes accidental conflicts very unlikely. Addressing can be configured with button presses.
The MS Series also sends the encoder ID, making it easy to allow or deny access to specific outputs based on which encoder is doing the sending. However, because the MS Series does not use encryption or rolling code, it does not protect against intentional security threats. For protection against intentional threats, consider the HS Series.
- Integrate with ease: set up simple remote control systems without a microcontroller or the need for user programming
- Avoid accidental conflicts: 24-bit address helps prevent identification mistakes
- Control access to specific outputs: accept or reject certain commands based on the encoder ID
|LICAL-ENC-MS001||MS Series Remote Control Encoder||Datasheet|
|LICAL-DEC-MS001||MS Series Remote Control Decoder||Datasheet|
|MDEV-LICAL-MS||MS Series Master Development System with LR Series RF Modules||Datasheet|
|MDEV-LICAL-MS-ES||MS Series Master Development System with ES Series RF Modules||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Operating voltage||2 – 5.5VDC||2 – 5.5VDC|
|Supply current||2.0V: 240µA typical 3.0V: 370µA typical 5.0V: 670µA typical||2.0V: 240µA typical 3.0V: 370µA typical 5.0V: 670µA typical|
|Power down current||2.0V: 0.1µA typical 3.0V: 0.1µA typical 5.0V: 0.2µA typical||2.0V: 0.1µA typical 3.0V: 0.1µA typical 5.0V: 0.2µA typical|
|Operating temperature||-40 – +85°C||-40 – +85°C|
Manuals & Datasheets
- LICAL-ENC-MS001 Data Guide
- LICAL-DEC-MS001 Data Guide
- MDEV-LICAL-MS User's Guide
- MDEV-LICAL-MS Software Guide
- MDEV-LICAL-MS Quick Start Reference
- TXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- RXM-fff-LR Data Guide
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
- Reading The TX ID From the MS And HS Decoders (AN-00156)
- Encoder and Decoder Comparison (AN-00310)
- The Basics of Remote Control and Remote Keyless Entry (AN-00320)
- 2014-03-20: MS Series Product Change Notice
- 2015-03-26: MS Keyfob Series major change notice for 418, 433 MHz
- 2015-03-26: MS Keyfob Series EOL notice of 315 MHz keyfob
Drivers & Software
- MS Series Master Development Software
The latest software included in the MS Series master development system. Demonstrates the use and functionality of the MS Series encoders and decoders. attachment
- MS Series TX_ID Sample Code
This file contains sample source code for reading the TX_ID output by the MS Series decoder. This code is described in Application Note AN-00156. attachment
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64) attachment