The R4 Series GPS receiver module is a self-contained high-performance GPS receiver ideal for the engineer looking for an easy way to add GPS to their product. Based on the SiRF-IV chipset, it provides exceptional sensitivity, even in dense foliage and urban canyons. The module’s very low power consumption helps maximize runtimes in battery-powered applications. With over 200,000 effective correlators, the R4 Series receiver can acquire and track up to 48 satellites simultaneously in just seconds, even at the lowest signal levels.
Housed in a compact reflow-compatible SMD package, the receiver requires no programming or additional RF components (except an antenna) to form a complete GPS solution. The module’s standard NMEA data output makes the R4 Series easy to integrate, even by engineers without previous RF or GPS experience. When migrating SG applications to SiRF-IV, the R4 Series can be a drop-in solution.
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Better reliability: tracking up to 48 satellites simultaneously
- Quick start times: under 15 seconds using CGEE (3-day satellite prediction)
- Anti-jamming: built-in jammer remover tracks up to 8 CW jammers
- SG migration: SiRF-IV replacement for Linx RXM-GPS-SG-SiRF-III modules
- Rapid development: development system allows full interfacing and color display