The RM Series GPS receiver module is a self-contained high-performance Global Positioning System receiver designed for navigation, tracking and positioning applications. Based on the MediaTek chipset, it can simultaneously acquire on 66 channels and track on up to 22 channels. This gives the module fast lock times and high position accuracy even at low signal levels.
The module’s exceptional sensitivity gives it superior performance, even in dense foliage and urban canyons. Its very low power consumption of 12mA while tracking helps maximize runtimes in battery powered applications. An exceptional ±11ns 1PPS accuracy makes the module suitable for timing applications.
A standard UART serial interface is used to send and receive NMEA messages in ASCII format. A simple serial command set can be used to configure optional features. The module’s UART can be connected directly to the UART on a microcontroller or a PC using a USB or RS-232 converter chip.
Housed in a compact reflow-compatible SMD package, the GPS receiver requires no programming or additional RF components (except an antenna) to form a complete GPS solution. This makes the RM Series easy to integrate, even by engineers without previous RF or GPS experience.
- Low Power: low 12mA tracking current that is less than half of competitive modules. A duty cycle mode further reduces power consumption.
- Quick start times: hot start under 1 second
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Easy integration: easy to integrate, even by engineers who have no prior experience with GPS modules
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Better reliability: tracks multiple positioning systems simultaneously
- Rapid development: development system allows full interfacing and color display
|RXM-GPS-RM-T||RM Series GPS Receiver Module||Datasheet|
|EVM-GPS-RM||RM Series GPS Receiver Evaluation Module||Datasheet|
|MDEV-GPS-RM||RM Series GPS Receiver Master Development System||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|Channels||22 tracking, 66 acquisition|
|RX sensitivity||Tracking: -161dBm typical Cold start: -143dBm typical|
|Acquisition time||Hot Start(Open Sky): <1second typical Cold Start(AGPS): 32second typical|
|Operating voltage||3 – 4.3VDC 3.3VDC typical|
|Supply current||Tracking: 12mA typical Standby: 135uA typical|
|Protocol||NMEA 0183 ver 3.01|
- Positioning and Navigation
- Location and Tracking
- Security / Loss-Prevention
- Fleet Management
Manuals & Datasheets
- RXM-GPS-RM Data Guide
- EVM-GPS-RM User's Guide
- MDEV-GPS-tt User's Guide
- MDEV-GPS Software User's Guide
- MDEV-GPS-tt Quick Start Reference
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
Application Notes GPS
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Antennas: Design, Application and Performance (AN-00500)
- Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation (AN-00501)
Drivers & Software
- GPS Master Development Software
The latest software included in the GPS Series master development system. Demonstrates the functionality of Linx GPS receiver modules and GNSS receiver modules. attachment
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64) attachment