The TM Series GNSS receiver module is a self-contained high-performance Global Satellite Navigation System receiver designed for navigation, tracking and positioning applications. Based on the MediaTek chipset, it can simultaneously acquire and track multiple satellite constellations. These include the United States GPS system and Japan’s QZSS.
The module has an internal LNA that provides exceptional sensitivity, even in dense foliage and urban canyons. It’s very low power consumption helps maximize runtimes in battery powered applications. The GNSS receiver has built-in receiver duty cycling that can be configured to periodically turn off the module for further power savings. Hybrid ephemeris prediction can be used to achieve cold start times of less than 15 seconds.
A standard UART serial interface is used to send and receive NMEA messages in ASCII format. A simple serial command set can be used to configure optional features. The module’s UART can be connected directly to the UART on a microcontroller or a PC using a USB or RS-232 converter chip.
Housed in a tiny reflow-compatible SMD package, the GNSS receiver requires no programming or additional RF components (except an antenna) to form a complete GNSS solution. This makes the TM Series easy to integrate, even by engineers without previous RF or GNSS experience.
- Improve performance: built-in LNA provides excellent sensitivity and performance, particularly when using passive antennas
- Low power: 20mA supply current while tracking. Duty cycle mode to further reduce power consumption.
- Quick start times: cold start under 15 seconds using AGPS (3-day satellite prediction); hot start under 1 second
- Better reliability: tracks multiple positioning systems simultaneously
- Simplify design: modules and antennas are the only RF components you need; no tuning required
- Easy integration: easy to integrate, even by engineers who have no prior experience with GPS modules
- Streamline production: save time and money with modules that are already tested
- Rapid development: development system allows full interfacing and color display
|RXM-GNSS-TM-T||TM Series GNSS Receiver Module||Datasheet|
|EVM-GNSS-TM||TM Series GNSS Receiver Evaluation Module||Datasheet|
|MDEV-GNSS-TM||TM Series GNSS Receiver Master Development System||Datasheet|
To order, please call +1 (800) 736-6677 or +1 (541) 471-6256 for callers outside the United States.
|RX sensitivity||Tracking: -164dBm typical Cold start: -147dBm typical|
|Acquisition time||Hot Start(Open Sky): <1second typical Cold Start(AGPS): <15second typical|
|Operating voltage||3 – 4.3VDC 3.3VDC typical|
|Supply current||Tracking: 20mA typical Standby: 365uA typical|
|System support||GPS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|Protocol||NMEA 0183 ver 4.10|
- Positioning and navigation
- Location and tracking
- Security / loss-prevention
- Fleet management
Manuals & Datasheets
- RXM-GNSS-TM Data Guide
- EVM-GNSS-TM User's Guide
- MDEV-GPS-tt User's Guide - NEW
- MDEV-GPS Software User's Guide
- MDEV-GPS-tt Quick Start Reference - NEW
- SDM-USB-QS Data Guide
Application Notes GPS
- Guide to Wireless Regulations in the United States (FCC Resource Document)
- RF 101: Information for the RF Challenged (AN-00100)
- The FCC Road: Part 15: From Concept to Approval (AN-00140)
- Antennas: Design, Application and Performance (AN-00500)
- Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation (AN-00501)
Drivers & Software
- GPS Master Development Software
The latest software included in the GPS Series master development system. Demonstrates the functionality of Linx GPS receiver modules and GNSS receiver modules.
- QS Series Certified Driver Installer
Bundled file; automatically installs the drivers. Certified for Windows 2000, through Windows 10 (32/64)